Thursday, June 17, 2010

Facial hair - hormonal? Can anything reasonable be done?

I'm a 38-year-old woman. In the last few years, I've started to grow a tremendous amount of chin-neck "whiskers." They are dark, thick, and spikey! I've been plucking them, but then I get what looks like acne. I've thought about waxing, but some of the hairs don't break through the skin right and look like black-heads until I tweeze them out -- they are under the surface. I'm sooooo sick of this! I figure at this point, I have two options -- either keep on plucking or join the circus as the bearded lady! :-( Could this be like a pre-menopausal hormone shift? My libido is constant (never had any problems with that, other than hubby's slowing down), I don't have any period issues (have had the Mirena IUD since August and LOVE it - hasn't effected the hair growth at all). I even tried the Vaniqa cream from my dermatologist after seeing a commercial. Not only did it not work at all, but it only turned my skin bright pink. HELP!!!



Facial hair - hormonal? Can anything reasonable be done?

I can't answer what is causing it for you. But I use Sally Hansen's extra strength creme hair remover for face. You just put the creme where the unwanted facial hair is, leave it on for 8 minutes and then wipe it off and all the hair is gone. I use it and it has always worked for me and doesnt leave my skin pink. It is very inexpensive and can be found at walmart. I usually have to repeat this process just once a month. It is a very good product and works very well.



Facial hair - hormonal? Can anything reasonable be done?

you might want to get your thyroid levels checked out. Maybe it has something to do with that. Also, have you looked into laser removal?? It is awesome. Worth every penny.



Facial hair - hormonal? Can anything reasonable be done?

If you're overweight that could be the main problem.



Female hormones get "trapped" in fat cells and don't reach places where should go.



Hope it helps.



Facial hair - hormonal? Can anything reasonable be done?

It's normal, when your estrogen levels fall when your older and your body still produce testosterone hormone. Then you will grow some hair! You can shave or look into laser hair removal!



Facial hair - hormonal? Can anything reasonable be done?

Hi there I have the same thing And i have PCOS! I have found this web site to very help full to find what kind of herb i can take ck it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit union