Saturday, November 28, 2009

Help! Goofed hair color, how do I fix it?

Okay, long story short. My natural haircolor is a light auburn. I had it dyed a dark mahogany alst fall, and this past spring I went in and had it professionally stripped, and a strawberry blonde put it. I have alot of gray (white ) coming in the roots, and the color was fading allover the rest of my hair, so, due to shortage of cash, I went and bought Revlon High Definition- deep copper blonde. I just washed it out and now I have the same roots (gray, white mixed with red) and the rest of my hair is a redhot red. (It looks terrible!) What should I do? I don't care what color I get out of this now, I just want to look more natural, not so fireball red/pink!!!! I have another box of color I bought for this fall, it is the mahogany color, but now I'm scared to try it? What do you think?



Help! Goofed hair color, how do I fix it?

You really should see a colorist to fix it. But, I would suggest trying a brown color (no reddish tints). Because even if the red bleeds through it'll blend with the red a little better until you can get to a colorist to fix it correctly. You should also give you hair a week before you dye it again so youir hair doesn't get strippeed of it's naturla oils.



I have dark brown hair and I tried adding some red to it and my hair turned hot pink. So I went to a colorist to have dyed back to brown and the dye she used was so good the red didn't even bleed through. Salon dye is really better for your hair because the chemicals aren't as harsh as store bought dye.



Help! Goofed hair color, how do I fix it?

Don't use another box... Definitely go to a salon to fix it! If you have a tight budget, I suggest going to a lower scale salon, like Hair Cuttery maybe. Plus a place like that you don't have to make an appointment, they do walk ins.



Good luck!



Help! Goofed hair color, how do I fix it?

Wow ! , well don't worry this sorta thing has happened to me before. My best advice to you would to go to a salon you have been to before (and trust) and ask them to process all the color out of your hair so that it will go back to its natural color. When i went and asked them to do this it was a little painful but well worth it - Good luck - =] Shauna



Help! Goofed hair color, how do I fix it?

do not put another box on your head. go to professional.



seriously you could be damaging your hair further.



Help! Goofed hair color, how do I fix it?

I too had this happen :-(, call the hotline listed on your particular product. They have professionals there who will guide you in correcting your particular issue. I had 3 different colors in horizontal sections on my hair and didn't want to even think about going out of the house looking like that. The professionals at Clairol (my particular brand) were able to walk me through correcting the screw up. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit union